PS3 blu-ray on SD-CRT

I

iron_lifter

Im looking to get a PS3 for its many uses, but Im curious, I have a standard def CRT with componant input, would I be able to play a blu-ray movie allbeit in standard def? And if so, would it still look better than a DVD due to better encoding and much higher bitrate?
Thx!

It would look a bit better for the reasons you stated, if you're renting then you might as well but it would be madness to pay double/triple/quadruple the DVD price or whatever the current premium is for it.

It would look a bit better for the reasons you stated, if you're renting then you might as well but it would be madness to pay double/triple/quadruple the DVD price or whatever the current premium is for it.

I view it like.. When i do get a HDTV, then Il have myself a small collection to enjoy. Kinda makin myself future proof. id only ever get fiilms that i really liked in blu-ray. Eventualy I will get a HDTV.

As long as your current TV can accept a 60Hz signal youre fine :thumbsup:

Yeah it will, any TV modern enough to have component inputs on it would take a 60Hz signal no problem.

So guys, thx for the advice! May I ask you, what is it about blu-ray and 60Hz anyway? :confused:

Thx guys ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom