• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PS3 & AV connection

WarPig843

Ive always had my PS3 connected via HDMI to my LCD TV.

However ive just moved house and want to temporarily connect to my CRT TV but im not getting a signal when doing so.

Is this because the PS3 is set to HDMI connection and therefore isnt recognising the new AV connection Ive made? If so, I guess I will have to reconnect to my LCD (thats still boxed up from house move) and go into the PS3's menu and tell it to use AV connection. Then disconnect and reconnect to my CRT TV.

I assumed the PS3 would automaticly detect the new AV connection and adjust accordingly?

GooN3r

I had the same problem you could do a factory reset which returns the audio/video settings to default.

Using the power button on the PS3 hold it for a few seconds until you hear two beeps then release it, this should allow you to access the XMB.

WarPig843

Thanks GooN3r

I'd forgot about that, I'll give it a go

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom