PS3 Audio

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by allosunshine, Sep 3, 2007.

1. allosunshine

allosunshine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I've just received my M87 and changed the settings on my PS3 so the sound comes through HDMI. I've also got the PS3 connected to my receiver by optical but no sound comes out.
    Is it not possible for the PS3 to output sound through HDMI and Optical at the same time?? Or am I just being a biff.
    Thanks.

2. FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    You can only output through one or the other. Of course you could use optical from your TV to the amp as well or instead of then you could user your amp or not withotu changing the PS3 settings.

3. robfosters

robfosters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    I have mine like that. HDMI for picture and optical for sound. Sounds fine. Anyway is you had both coming through together, you would probably notice a delay between each one which would get annoying rather quickly.

4. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    I'm not so sure about that. The 360 allows sound through both the optical and the HDMI at the same time. I have my 360 Elite connected to the TV via HDMI for video and to the amp via optical for surround sound. There is no delay between them when both are on. Besides most people would use one or the other and not both at the same time anyway so it wouldn't be an issue.