• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PS3 audio track management

Fmrl

Why is the XMB interface so cludgey and awkward sometimes?

I've got some mp3s stored on my PS3 hard disk and viewed as "albums", is it possible to sort the tracks when they're inside a album structure like this? Looks like the sort thing only works on the albums themselves not what's inside them. :mad:

I'm guessing it's not possible to arrange files inside folders or anything like that either. And why does the PS3 insist on displaying the id tags instead of the filenames? And why is it so awkward to change the tags? triangle to display information, select edit, select field, go into text edit, type in new field, forget to remove the previous tag, have to edit again, go back to the main display again, find out I'd changed the wrong field, etc..... aaargh!

I was just wondering about wiping all the tags on my pc before transferring them to the ps3 but I'm guessing it'll just say that everything is "unknown" then.

And why when you're viewing an external hard disk do you have to select "display all" if all your files are held in a sub-folder? Why can't this be the default?!! And why isn't it "sticky" - ie. you select the directory you want to copy from, transfer the file, check that the file is there on the PS3, go back to the hard disk to find another file and you have to do a "display all" again and start at the top :suicide::censored:

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom