• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PS3 and MP3s , how do I organise them?

dognosh

first off I will be changing the internal HD to 200 or 250Gig then I will want to transfer about 40Gig of MP3s over to it but after my experiment it seems that it won't be a good idea, here's what I found.

I transfered a folder (one album) to my PS3 via a USB flash disk, then I transfered another, and now they both show in the MUSIC section, so far so good:smashin:

but I see no way of copying stuff from an external source to the same folder ?
e.g. if I have 2 albums ,how can I copy them on to my PS3 so that they are both stored in the same folder(lets say called MP3) ?
you see, copying 200 albums(as an example) to my PS3 means the item list in MUSIC section will be over 200 long:eek:
I want all my albums to be in one item called MP3,then I can go in to that and scroll up and down for my album.

is there a way to do this ?

lisbonlion

You only have one music folder, it will then list by album, artist or genre. It doesnt matter how you copy or in what order, the PS3 has its own file structure and will arrange your files itself.

The only way to get different folders is to use an external media server. Personally i use a NAS running twonky vision.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom