• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

ps3 and hd70 question

michaelstone

Standard Member
when i stream 720 stuff to ps3 optoma says source found 1080p...which is upscaling the ps3 or pj? and do i really want it doing this? when i play a game it usually says 720p so its not upscaling that...

custard10

Prominent Member
when i stream 720 stuff to ps3 optoma says source found 1080p...which is upscaling the ps3 or pj? and do i really want it doing this? when i play a game it usually says 720p so its not upscaling that...

if the source info on the optoma says 1080p then the ps3 is carrying out the upscaling.

if you switch upscaling off on the ps3 then either the optoma has to upscale or the picture will not fit the screen.

i prefer the ps3 rather than my optoma hd20 carrying out the upscaling so i'd be inclined to say leave as is. test both scenarios and find which one you prefer.

michaelstone

Standard Member
ok thanks ill leave it as is for now...but so i know...how do i turn off the upscaling in ps3? the 2 upscaling options are for psone arent they?

custard10

Prominent Member
ok thanks ill leave it as is for now...but so i know...how do i turn off the upscaling in ps3? the 2 upscaling options are for psone arent they?

the only way to stop the ps3 upscaling your media files is to untick 1080p and 1080i output in the ps3 display settings.
PS3™ | Video Output Settings

you can press the triangle button on the ps3 when playing the files and switch to original size but then you wont be able to upscale via the projector.

custard10

Prominent Member
oh ok cool...i thought maybe having them all selected made it choose best res since it bumped 720 vids to 1080 but games stayed 720...

yep, thats how i have it setup aswell as i prefer the ps3 carrying out the upscaling rather than the pj.

you cant do much about the games though if they are native 720p. the projector will have to upscale them.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom