• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PS3 60gb - Streaming WMP or TVersity?

P

patshar

Need advise. I am trying to stream music/films to my PS3. I initially used WMP and the music was fine however how do you add AVI files (films) to WMP for them to stream. Also, I tried to use TVersity however my PS3 was not picking this up at all. When i checked it said the the server was running or was unable to start. Help??

xPositor

Established Member
I use Twonky running on a Buffalo Linkstation Pro. Twonky can run on a large number of devices, and operating systems, output to a large number of devices (either uPNP or DNLA compliant) and has very fast response. I've used it successfully with an Xbox360, PS3 and other devices.

Visit www.twonkyvision.de where you can download a trial. The great thing about it running on a NAS drive of course is that you don't need a PC turned on all the time, just the NAS (which consumes a lot less power).

marcstang

Prominent Member
I use tversity with my ps3. You need to make sure that ms mediaplayer is disabled for streaming and the mediaserver.exe in the tversity folder is able to get through the firewall. Took me a while to work it out but works a treat with movies and music.

ahar

Established Member
I far prefer TVersity as it will transcode files from their existing formats to a format that the PS3 can read on the fly - very useful if you have a number of different file formats and don't want to recode a lot of them

Bobster71

Standard Member
Need advise. I am trying to stream music/films to my PS3. I initially used WMP and the music was fine however how do you add AVI files (films) to WMP for them to stream. Also, I tried to use TVersity however my PS3 was not picking this up at all. When i checked it said the the server was running or was unable to start. Help??

In order for this to work, you need files in the Media Player library that are encoded to MPEG. Use PS3Video9 from Red Kawa. Alternatively, Nero media home transcodes files on the fly so you don't need to bother converting them. I have tried both and they both work.

P

patshar

Thanks Marcstang...However new to all of this...How would I do that to get it to work.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom