PS3 40GB To Trade - What Leads Did I Get

Monkeyboylee

Established Member
Reaction score
Hiya, well I have finally decided to trade in my PS3 at Gamestation as I only use my 360 for games and its far too noisy for me for movies (gonna get a BDP-S370 :thumbsup:) but I cant remember what leads it came with - AV or HDMI? I dont want to give them a HDMI lead if I dont need to - It is a 2yr old 40GB version - any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Lee

Just pop in there which ever one you don't want to keep. I would keep the other in your car in case they insist on the HDMI but I doubt they will. I'm 99% certain you don't get a HDMI with the console or at the very least you wouldn't have 2 years ago.

I got the 40gb and pretty sure there was no HDMI in it.

Yeah I had a 40gb too - definitely no HDMI cable in the box, just av multi, scart adaptor, controller, usb cable for the controller, and power cable.

No PS3 comes with a HDMI cable it's just the composite one which is the worst you can get, you would think they would give you a RGB cable minimum.

Don't know about the 40G but I'm sure my 60G also came with an Ethernet cable (but definitely no HDMI)

No idea why they felt inclined to supply ethernet when most would probably use wifi and no HDMI when most would want one.

No idea why they felt inclined to supply ethernet when most would probably use wifi and no HDMI when most would want one.

Customers using the internet will all have an ethernet connection, not necessarily wireless.

The AV lead supplied with the PS3 can be used by everyone.
HDMI can't.

Well I can't speak for the 60gb but there was definitely no ethernet cable included with the 40gb...

Would it not be easier for the OP to check the box and the list of included contents?

Just a thought. :)

JimBobVFR400 - I much prefer to use Ethernet.....the PS3 wireless isn't the best.

I would guess he doesn't have a box.

Maybe....but as no-one has mentioned it I thought I would. ;)

Sometimes people type a question on the internet when the answer is easily obtainable by applying some common sense. :smashin:

I would guess most PS3 owners don't.

:confused:

Why would most PS3 owners not have a box?!

Customers using the internet will all have an ethernet connection, not necessarily wireless.

The AV lead supplied with the PS3 can be used by everyone.
HDMI can't.

Yes Composite Av can be used by everyone but so can RGB Scart so why not have that in the box instead of the cack that is composite.

I don't think there's any logic to what they provide in the box, other than it's the most basic stuff to get up and running, then you can go get a third party hdmi cable / headset etc yourself.

I think we're all assuming the guy doesn't have the box to check what cables were included, otherwise he wouldn't be asking....

I'm pretty sure that all you get with the 40gb is what I listed earlier, can't speak for other SKUs though.

Last edited:
JimBobVFR400 - I much prefer to use Ethernet.....the PS3 wireless isn't the best.
Absolutely, only ipods and phones should use Wi-Fi IMO.

Yes Composite Av can be used by everyone but so can RGB Scart so why not have that in the box instead of the cack that is composite.

They give you a scart block... so job's a good 'un.

Slightly OT but how would a PS3 owner not have a box in the first place?! :laugh: I know that used consoles sometimes don't have a box but stilll....:confused:

If they purchased one 2nd hand without a box? Quite a few people do.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom