PS3 40gb - Seal broken but still new ?

Buckster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bought from PCWorld today ...

had 2 seals .. I only spotted due to a small tear in the box when it had been opened from first seal being broken. on top of 1st clear seal was another smaller seal that looked almost exactly the same ..

I queried it and they said they were all like that and that I could bring it back if I wasn't happy.

opened it up and certainly everything inside seems brand spanking - and no seals opened etc.

I'd suspect it had been opened ... but then I spotted a V2.0 Firmware Sony DVD/CD inside ... have they been opened at factory to put this in perhaps ?

any ideas please ?

thanks, Mark.

if there was a seal there then i wouldnt worry too much as long as it was a genuine sony seal, it may have been the case that it was opened at the factory to put that disc in.

as long as you've got a reciept from them then dont worry mate, you'll be covered.

well I've got a receipt so should be ok - thanks

thing is - the PS3's don't have genuine seals so to speak - its just a bit of sticky tape ! anyone could retape on top you'd never know whether genuine or not- unlike with Microsoft stuff

cheers, Mark.

Hi i recently got 1 from pcworld for my sister and 1 from gamestation and both had the same as yours with the broken seal and resealed. I think they must all have been done when the update disc was put in.

thanks rich - thats put my mind at rest somewhat

It looked a bit neat to be a consumer - my 1st seal was definately "cut" - dead straight line.

was the 2nd seal on the 2 you saw smaller than the main seal ? mine was same width but about half the length ?

I almost feel a bit guilt having a go at PCWorld in store now - but if you see a broken seal with a seal on top you instantly think "dodgey" !

cheers, Mark.

cheers Jim

sort of defeats a point of a seal really- you'd never know if really new or not !

Yea my 2nd seal was smaller and on one of the boxes wasnt even ontop the original seal. I wouldnt feel to bad about sayin to pcworld as my m8 recently bought a router from them only 2 find they had sold him a 2nd hand one as new, so you can never be to carefull lol.

thanks

interesting had 1.97 firmware on out of the box (seems a rare firmware ?)

2.1 downloading and installing as we speak

Presumably its normal after initial setup that "User 1" already exists ?

thanks, Mark.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom