PS3/360 Hybrid Controller?

humanfish

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just seen this, don't know if it's already been flagged up in another thread. Looks a bit cheap to me, build quality wise. But i haven't seen it up close. I wonder if it would bridge the gap for those who don't like the DS3.

dreamgear-shadow-wireless-ps3-controller.jpg

Features OF dreamGEAR's PS3 Shadow Wireless Controller:

* Customized layout of analog sticks for enhanced accuracy and comfort
* Enhanced L2 and R2 triggers help to prevent gamers' fingers from slipping during game play
* 2.4 GHz latency free wireless technology
* Dual rumble motors and rubberized grips
* Built-in rechargeable battery

Shadow Wireless PS3 controllers move around sticks - SlipperyBrick.com

DreamGEAR Shadow Wireless PS3 Controller With Uniquely Relocated Analog Sticks » My Digital Life

Last edited:
Interesting, looks ok but D-pad looks a bit iffy. I'd liken to see a few reviews but I'd be interested with KZ2 around the corner. Sorry but I just cant get on with the DS3 and FPS's:)

Would love a Ben Heck number but I think I may be hung, drawn and quartered by the Mrs for that one:D

No mention of sixaxis support though.
Pretty important, unfortunately.

Am I right in thinking Sixaxis is mandatory for KZ2? I seem to remember reading it was, somewhere:D

Not sure if it's mandatory but if it involves turning wheels etc then you could be right.

Are there any third-party controllers that support sixaxis, or do Sony have sole rights to use the tech?

Are there any third-party controllers that support sixaxis, or do Sony have sole rights to use the tech?

Yes, didn't you answer your own question in another (similar) thread?:D

There was a logitech one and one by the makers of this controller that both supported Sixaxis:)

I'm sure it was your post I found out the info from:confused:

EDIT: And I thought I was forgetful:rotfl:
mascot said:
OK, third post in a row, but what the heck...

I found a Logitec PS3 joypad with motion sensing, so that means that YES - third party devs CAN make non-oem joypads and include sixaxis support.

lookie here

It looks awful - no larger or more comfortable than the DS3, but confirms that sixaxis support IS possible.

Last edited:
Sixaxis still not important for me tbh.

These are still nowhere to be found to get in the UK though.

But I think sixaxis support is a necessity for Killzone....

Sixaxis is used for the sniper rifle i know that much, you have to keep your hands steady when aiming.

The 360 pad works well becuase of it's shape, the way the triggers are positioned and also the strength of it's sticks.

I get the feeling this thing has really loose sticks and as the basic shape of the sony pad remains, it's going to negate any difference to people who don't like using the DS3 in the first place.

Last edited:
I get the feeling this thing has really loose sticks and as the basic shape of the sony pad remains, it's going to negate any difference to people who don't like using the DS3 in the first place.

If you read the review that humanfish posted, it actually says the opposite and that the sticks are nice and tight and are as accurate as the DS's:)

I'd be on this like a flash if it had sixaxis support!

Yes, didn't you answer your own question in another (similar) thread?:D

There was a logitech one and one by the makers of this controller that both supported Sixaxis:)

I'm sure it was your post I found out the info from:confused:

EDIT: And I thought I was forgetful:rotfl:

I blame the whisky...
:blush:

Not sure if it's mandatory but if it involves turning wheels etc then you could be right.

TBH i hate the DS3 so much that i would quite happily keep swapping controllers every time six axis is needed after hardly playing my ps3 then coming back to it i realised how impossible they are to use their ok for LBP etc but i hat to put the sensitivity down to almost 0 just to use it hopefully thisll be cheaper than the 50 quid ps3 to 360 controller converter out their.

I dream of the day they remove token sixaxis features that add nothing to the gameplay altogether. I'd be tempted to pickup one of these for Killzone 2, the only question is can you turn off the sixaxis feature in that game. Its not like I'd miss using sixaxis to turn wheels round.

I dream of the day they remove token sixaxis features that add nothing to the gameplay altogether. I'd be tempted to pickup one of these for Killzone 2, the only question is can you turn off the sixaxis feature in that game. Its not like I'd miss using sixaxis to turn wheels round.
No but Killzone should have the best use of sixaxis yet in it's integration with the sniper rifle. I agree turning wheel is a bit naff, but I like the sound of the steadier you hold the pad the less movement you see down the scope when aiming the sniper rifle.

I dream of the day they remove token sixaxis features that add nothing to the gameplay altogether.
Depends on how much cost it added. Personally i quite liked the SIXAXIS on FlOw, and am looking forwards to Flower. But yes not utilised well in general...

...I like the sound of the steadier you hold the pad the less movement you see down the scope when aiming the sniper rifle.

Just a thought, but maybe using a non-sixasis controller will work fine, but your sniping aim will be rock-solid..?
:D

I posted this in the last thread of the same debate :

PS360 Controller

Will most likely cost you a few quid but you'd have all the features in the design you'd want....plus the better DS3 dpad :smashin:

I posted this in the last thread of the same debate :

PS360 Controller

Will most likely cost you a few quid but you'd have all the features in the design you'd want....plus the better DS3 dpad :smashin:

When you say a few quid, I think we're talking @ $6 - 700:eek:

It would be my absolute ideal but I'm not completely insane:)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom