ps3 250gb in stock anywhere?????

webbdingle

Established Member
Reaction score
am lookin to get a slim after i got the ylod and i have add it fixed but it will not stay fixed for long i :censored: bet so tryin to find a slim well i have the cash but cant find any in stock. any help would be nice :thumbsup: thanks

My advice would be to get the newer slims with model # CECH-2103 as these contain the smaller 40nm die on the RSX chip & initial reports are that they run a lot cooler & quieter than the CECH-2003 models.

I just called GAME in Wimbledon & they have a whole load in stock but that's no use to you being in Oxford.

Regardless where you get it from, my advice would be just to ensure that it is the CECH-2103 model & this can be done by looking on top of the PS box before purchase.

Last edited:
just been out looking for a 250gb, been to likes of asda, hmv and they had them in, probably older model at asda though.

about the new models, would you think they'd last 3 years? obviously too early to tell but i'm not sure whether to pay £323 for 250gb, 2 games and 3 years insurance.

Last edited:
Personally, I wouldn't worry about insurance. Furthermore, the noises coming from Sony HQ are that post E3 (June 15th) there will be a PSN+ subscription service that will extend the warranty of the hardware if you choose to go with it. Prices & details are to be confirmed at E3, so seeing you have 1yr warranty already I would not bother with insurance (just yet)

How much does the insurance cost on the Asda deal?

I don't think it's worth buying a 250 GB PS3 though. The price difference between a 120 and 250 is more than the cost of a hard drive that's bigger than 250 GB, plus you'd have the 120 GB drive from the Slim as a spare if you bought a 120 GB Slim + extra hard drive.

My advice would be to get the newer slims with model # CECH-2103 as these contain the smaller 40nm die on the RSX chip & initial reports are that they run a lot cooler & quieter than the CECH-2003 models.

I just called GAME in Wimbledon & they have a whole load in stock but that's no use to you being in Oxford.

Regardless where you get it from, my advice would be just to ensure that it is the CECH-2103 model & this can be done by looking on top of the PS box before purchase.

Just bought one today with the 2103 chip in GAME in Sheffield. Had a few in stock. I'm guessing other GAME stores will have them too. Incidentally, it said none in stock on their website.

P.S....It's VERY quiet (virtually no noise unless you get right up to it), makes my Virgin V+ box sound like a tractor.

Oh, and a P.P.S
I bought Red dead redemption at same time and the fella gave me 2yrs extended warranty on the PS3 for free, even tho I didn't ask for it. Decent customer service, not often that happens.

Last edited:
How much does the insurance cost on the Asda deal?

I don't think it's worth buying a 250 GB PS3 though. The price difference between a 120 and 250 is more than the cost of a hard drive that's bigger than 250 GB, plus you'd have the 120 GB drive from the Slim as a spare if you bought a 120 GB Slim + extra hard drive.

dont think asda do insurance on theirs, hmv was £28.99

i agree with your point about 250gb, but the better value 120gb was with a game at £245, while for £37 more you can get an extra game + 130gb of memory. probably worth the extra i think.
although the games bundled with the 250gb are either ufc, fifa world cup, modnation and battlefield.

edit: coming to think of it i'd probably get the 120gb one and then buy a good game with the £37 instead. don't use up much memory anyways, but then again i have never used my playtv i bought a few months ago.

Last edited:
thats good thinkin about gettin a slim 120gb then buyin a bigger hd with the money u save, nice 1.:smashin: so simple yet so clever:thumbsup:

... i agree with your point about 250gb, but the better value 120gb was with a game at £245.

i am looking for the 120gb model (2103a) myself where have you seen it for £245 + free game .

does any one else no best price for this model anywhere. this could be standalone console or best value package.

Toys R Us have the 120gb for £239.99 console only or £249.99 with Mirrors Edge & Need For speed Undercover

£259.99 with FIFA 2010 World Cup & Need For Speed Undercover

These are sold out on the web but are instock at the shop.

Its best to ring before going.

i am looking for the 120gb model (2103a) myself where have you seen it for £245 + free game .

does any one else no best price for this model anywhere. this could be standalone console or best value package.

i saw the 120gb deal instore at asda last week, they might not have the newer version in though.

Think I will have a look at my local Asda tonight and see which model they have in, a few weeks ago they had sold out.

Going to purchase the 250gb sometime this week:clap:

my missus bought mine for my birthday , it came to £228 after using her grans discount i'm happy with it , not sure the next time i'll even put the elite back on.

The PS3 controllers take a bit getting used to when your used to the 360 controller, panicked a few times last night on COD instead of throwing a grenade at a group i kept throwing flares :D

persistance will pay off no doubt :thumbsup:

Asda near me only have the 120gb in.

20% is a good discount

Got no 250gb at Argos or blockbusters near me ( Walsall). Those two have got the best deals goin at the min from what I've seen. Is there gonna be a new bigger hard drive version or was that that just rumour?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom