• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Ps3 160gb blu ray drive not spinning?! :(

karlp606

Hey guys,

While playing black ops this afternoon my game crashed and the ps3 frooze, when I rebooted it, it showed no game been loaded? I've tried using a lens cleaner disc but it looks as though the disks are not spinning as the disk was in the same position when I ejected it? The ps3 was bought from another member on here and i think over 1yr old so no warranty. I've tried the secret system menu and rebuilt the hard drive default settings etc. But nothing.
When I first put a disc in the drive does make a spin or load noise but then nothing, can anyone help :lease:

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
Are any discs shown on screen, i.e: do dvd's/blu-rays work, as you said games don't so do others?
Have you tried it with the lid off, checking to see if the discs actually spin?

check and see, as if it is reading dvd's then chances are the blu-ray laser is kaput, but if it's not spinning discs, chances are the motor has gone, which might be an issue, as it only comes without the mechanism(possible, but in most cases, unlikely, as the laser tends to give out first.)

Last edited:

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom