PS3 12gb SSD supporting Trim ?

NX3

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Now that Sony officially ship a PS3 with a SSD in the new super slim 12gb model. Does this suggest they have added TRIM support to the firmware ?

I'm not worryed about having a large HDD but the faster loading times of a SSD would be good. I was looking at the Seagate hybrid drives but they are quite expensieve, SSDs are cheaper !

Just stick as big a drive as you can afford, the performance you may or may not see with an SSD would be bottlenecked with the Blu-ray drive.
AFAIA, the only game with some sort of improvement is GT5, others, like skyrim post patch are pretty much identical for loading.
And IMO, the hybrids are just placebos, you'll never get near SSD performance with one of them.

A nice, cheap, large harddrive, 7200rpm speed would be fine, and a lot cheaper than an SSD.

Trim..doesn't even feature, there's no setting on the PS3 for it, the garbage collection might just be automatigically done/sorted.

A few years ago I saw an article benchmarking a PS3 with a SSD in it, it was pretty pants - no large gains.

I got a 1TB 5400rpm in mine. Works great! Wasn't too sure with 7200rpm as a lot of people were saying it may have heat issues.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom