1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2/Xbox Connection Help..........

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Daipac, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Daipac

Daipac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I need to connect up my PS2 and Xbox to my new LG RZ42PX11 plasma and I am looking to go the component route. I have seen that a lot of people recommend the official High Def cable route for the Xbox but my Xbox is not modded, will I still see a difference in the quality or do you have to have HD enabled to see any difference ?

Also, I want to connect my PS2 to the plasma, what lead should I use to do this ?

If anybody has any suggestions then please can post up some links.

Thanks very much,

Dai

2. champ222

champ222
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there, if youve got a modded xbox, then you can switch it to ntsc, and use the hdtv options, if you have not modded your xbox, - i think - you can still use a component lead, but just not the hdtv.

you can also use RGB, and the offical lead also has an optical spdif out for 5.1 audio to your receiver if you have one.

whether to use RGB or Composite depends on the screen and/or personal preference.

RGB tends to look sharper as it is full bandwidth, but the slightly softer picture from a component signal might be a little more pleasing to the eye, especially on a large screen.

Either way, the xbox looks great, cant say for the ps2, but i assume its the same.

hope that helps