PS2 won't work on new Bravia...

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Torslander, Jan 5, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Torslander

Torslander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, first time poster and exceptionally unhappy camper here. Just bought my first LCD telly, a 32-inch Sony Bravia (KDL32U2000), and I can't get my slimline PS2 to display a decent image. I've tried every connection method possible (PS1 SCART converter in either SCART input socket; PS2 SCART converter in either SCART input socket; the red/yellow/white jacks into the side input slots, etc) and the picture quality is simply awful. Text is fuzzy and ghosting, scrolling text particularly blurry, the graphics are blocky and notably awful on Need For Speed: Most Wanted Black edition. Yet when I take the leads out and run them into my old CRT Sanyo (the TV I'm supposedly replacing!) all is well.

The digital and analogue picture quality is pretty good and DVDs play fine, but games look atrocious. Even running Burnout Revenge on 60hZ didn't improve things, the CRT still produced better results. My PS2 is new, and works fine on the wife's 32" Samsung LCD, so I'm struggling to think what else might be the cause. Of course it's Friday night and the Sony helpline is closed until I'm in the office on Monday, but more importantly, if the telly can't handle a same-brand games console (my main reason for buying it!) then it'll have to go back to Amazon before then...

...unless anyone out there has any suggestions? Eternal gratitude awaits if there's a solution to this, I love the telly already but I'm really not exaggerating the description of how poor the PS2 output is on it.

All help gratefully appreciated...

Neil C.

2. rbj

rbj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    When playing pes6 (ps2) on my sony w2000 the picture was very bad, got a cheap component cable from ebay and it makes the picture much better.

3. NX3

NX3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Try component, it looks pretty nice for me. You got the U series Sony which is the low end Sony tv so I'm not sure what settings it has. Read the Sony S series thread and check out the settings people use. Generally its agreed the noise reduction setting needs to be off but the rest you need to play with.