• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PS2 with RGB to euroscart

regenesisgto

Standard Member
I want to buy a PS2,but I will connect it to my old SDTV because it would look ugly on HD.On the SDTV however,you can only connect one cable that will carry audio and video(RC I think?) so it would look really ugly.
Therefore,I want to buy an RGB cable and connect it to my TV thru euroscart(I know that two are for audio,but I'm talking about the video ones).
What i don't know however,is if I need a special RGB cable for PS2 or if any will work,and what do I need to connect the RGB cable on euroscart(i know it can't work directly).
Some prices will help too.

MarkE19

Why not just get a PS2 scart cable such as This

Mark.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Just for clarification – a SCART cable can carry Composite Video or RGB Video (with Composite Sync) plus Stereo audio.

To make use of the RGB (with Composite Sync) signal you require your Source plus Display (TV) to be SCART RGB enabled (and usually need to manually set both to send and look for RGB).

RGB (with Composite Sync) is usually far better looking than plain Composite video.

Joe

regenesisgto

Standard Member
Just for clarification – a SCART cable can carry Composite Video or RGB Video (with Composite Sync) plus Stereo audio.

To make use of the RGB (with Composite Sync) signal you require your Source plus Display (TV) to be SCART RGB enabled (and usually need to manually set both to send and look for RGB).

RGB (with Composite Sync) is usually far better looking than plain Composite video.

Joe
So if I buy one that Mark showed,and plug it in,it wont work without modifications?For a while I had a receiver connected to it,and the image was crystal clear.

MarkE19

As long as you plug the lead I linked to into an RGB enabled scart socket (on most CRT TV's only 1 scart is often capable of RGB) then you should get the best possible PQ.

Mark.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom