PS2 unusable on new LG Plasma

Small update, still waiting for my local engineers to get back to me. They didnt want to upgrade the firmware as the latest version is just fixes to sound processing and wont help the video lag.

Odd thing is now the lag seems to be going away, allmost like it took the tv some time to settle after it was unpacked, or me an my mates are just getting used to it :)

I know this is a bit late but, after a 18 months of owning an LG RZ 42PX11 I hae tried to play golf, bowling and GT4 on my PS2 and cannot there seems to be a delay between what you do and what you see.

The frustration is massive and it is putting me off buy a Wii or PS3.

Any help would be great.

Mykl

Sorry to resurect this zombie thread, this issue was caused by all the old games using 480i and the tv lagging the signal when converting to 480p.

The problem is resolved by setting progressive scan on everything so the tv does less work.

I had to get a US version of GT4 in the end so i could enable prog scan and it was then perfect.

you buy an LG u get LG quality its simple, spend some more money get a better quality, got a PW5 works a treat no problems on S-video or component. I know the same for a friend with a JVC. Another has an LG and yes you see a difference. Thats why they are at different prices. I know still £1.5k is alot of money, but sometimes ask yourself why is it cheaper!

LOL, total garbage!!!!

I have four consoles through an LG and they all work flawlessly.

You blast LG and then own up to having a 'friend' with a JVC :rotfl:

im assuming a few panels have problems.

iv used 3 of the px11,s now, with a ps2, ps1 megadrive, pc, xobox, xbox 360 and had no issues!

the mrs family are also using an lg px11 now and using ps2 on daily basis with no issues, must be a dodgy panel?

Maybe a dodgy panel, the lag is only noticable on games that require insanely tight timing. Guitar Hero 2, Amplitude etc.

The calibration check in GH2 shows a lag of about 100ms when using non progressive 480i.

Switch the game to progressive scan and run the same test and there its a latency of 0ms.

Thankfully with all consoles supporting progressive now this has become a non issue really.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom