PS2 to Xbox 360 controller converter?

• Thread starter Deleted member 103335
  • Start date

Deleted member 103335

Reaction score
Is this possible? Is there anything out there to used a PS2 controller on an Xbox 360 as I will be getting PES6 on the Xbox 360 & I really can only enjoy this game with a PS2 controller! I was looking on ebay & I saw PS2 to USB adaptors but I think they are to use a PS2 controller on a PC but I was wondering if it would be possible to use this on the Xbox 360 via the USB ports?

i wouldnt be surprised if you get one but im not sure, the xbox 360 pad is far superior to the ps pad but i get what you mean about bein used to it on the ps, im the same, but im sure you would get used to it pretty quick, ive played pro evo 5 on the xbox and i got used to playing it with that pad pretty quick and the 360 pad is a big improvement so it should be all good

I suppose but I tried to play PES5 with the xbox 360 controller & my problem is that I would prefer the left & right shoulder buttons to be the equivalent of L1 & R1 of the PS2 with the left & right triggers being the equivalent of L2 & R2 but instead, these shoulder buttons are the equivalent of L2 & R2 with the back triggers the equivalent of L1 & L2! It would be nearly the exact same layout as the PS2 controls if they made this change!

I have the same problem. I am finding it very difficult using the 360 controller for PES5 as I use R2 and L2 quite a lot on the PS2 version.

Incidently does anyone know how to perform the 'place' shot on the 360? On the PS2 I think you press R2 when shooting but what I thought would be the equivalent on the 360, the top right shoulder button, performs a lob shot.:cool:

andytabor said:
i wouldnt be surprised if you get one but im not sure, the xbox 360 pad is far superior to the ps pad but i get what you mean about bein used to it on the ps, im the same, but im sure you would get used to it pretty quick, ive played pro evo 5 on the xbox and i got used to playing it with that pad pretty quick and the 360 pad is a big improvement so it should be all good

have to disagree there.... whilst the Spad is better than dual shock for many games (racing for eg) , the ps2 imo is far superiour for pro evo soccer & i guess therefore other footie games,

and whilst not actually using the 360 pad, is there really much difference between that and the spad? certainly it looks similar

i did read that theyve taken out the need to use r2 to trap the ball and keep close ball control. 2bh apart from that for r2 you only really use l1 and r1 rather than l2 or r2 anyway.

There's very little hope that a PS2 -> 360 converter will ever happen as MS have to have digital certificates for all 360 accessories - if MS don't want it, it won't work. Are MS going to encourage Dual Shock use on the 360? Not a chance, I reckon.

On the upside, the 360 pad is excellent, especially on Pro Evo. I play PES5 regularly and I've grown to like it even more than the Dual Shock now, once you get used to the shoulder buttons swapping, you're away.

Plus we're having a Pro Evo tourney this (and next) Sunday if you can make it! :smashin:
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=373393

girisht said:
i did read that theyve taken out the need to use r2 to trap the ball and keep close ball control. 2bh apart from that for r2 you only really use l1 and r1 rather than l2 or r2 anyway.

I beg to differ, I use the R2 button quite often when sprinting to knock the ball further ahead when changing direction. It is difficult to do on the 360 unless you use your middle finger on the trigger and your index finger on the shoulder, which is uncomfortable.

I am not saying that the 360 pad is bad because I think, for most games it is excellent. It lacks behind the PS2 pad for Pro Evo though, solely because the shoulder buttons are not easy to use.

Originally posted by Mikekay1976:

have to disagree there.... whilst the Spad is better than dual shock for many games (racing for eg) , the ps2 imo is far superiour for pro evo soccer & i guess therefore other footie games,

and whilst not actually using the 360 pad, is there really much difference between that and the spad? certainly it looks similar

fair enough, ive always preferred using the ps2 pad for pro evo but using the 360 pad wont bother me.

This whole shoulder button issue shouldn't really matter. Your asking for a converter to use a PoorS2 pad on your 360 for pes5 yeah but when PES6 arrives which will be a proper xbox developed game i'd imagine that sprint would be the RB button like it is R1 on a ps2 and even it it isn't i'd image there would be a control pad mapping option to change the config anyway

Pooon said:
This whole shoulder button issue shouldn't really matter. Your asking for a converter to use a PoorS2 pad on your 360 for pes5 yeah but when PES6 arrives which will be a proper xbox developed game i'd imagine that sprint would be the RB button like it is R1 on a ps2 and even it it isn't i'd image there would be a control pad mapping option to change the config anyway
I hope u are right!

VILLAn66 said:
I beg to differ, I use the R2 button quite often when sprinting to knock the ball further ahead when changing direction. It is difficult to do on the 360 unless you use your middle finger on the trigger and your index finger on the shoulder, which is uncomfortable.

I am not saying that the 360 pad is bad because I think, for most games it is excellent. It lacks behind the PS2 pad for Pro Evo though, solely because the shoulder buttons are not easy to use.

how do you use r2 to knock the ball forward? im sure you press thr running botton repeatedly to do that, as far as im aware r2 is used for 2 things:

1- keeping close control of the ball/trapping it at your feet- which they have said is dont automatically in the new pro

2) when you hold it eg when the ball is going out of play, your player that was running towards the ball will pull himself back so he doesn't touch it.

hey im getting 360 too and have only owned playstations b4 but i dont want a ps2 pad. if you're going for a next gen console why not get into the spirit of the new design and controller? im sure its not hard to pick up and play and you get used to it after a while- i mean you can manually adjust what button does what.

only concern i do have it that where the l2 and r2 are horizontal on the ps2 pad, the equivalent buttons are vertical on the 360 pad. the analogs are in dif places but easily reachable too which isnt a problem.

FWIW and slightly OT, I got so comfortable using the s-pad on Xbox for PES4 and 5, that I'm really struggling now to use the 360 pad. I find myself sliding my thumb down just below the coloured buttons in search for the little black one. :( :( It's gone!!

I just cannot perform the 'super cancel' move now without messing it up. this being an integral part of my game.

when PES6 arrives which will be a proper xbox developed game i'd imagine that sprint would be the RB button like it is R1 on a ps2 and even it it isn't i'd image there would be a control pad mapping option to change the config anyway

I doubt it. Doesn't the xbox/xbox 360 right and left triggers take advantage of pressure. SO If you push it fully down you run faster than if you just push it in lighlty? The RB button is just a button with no pressure sensor...

...Or am I just talking Ballacks? :confused: :confused:

-hey wat exactly does the super cancel do?

-yes you were right about using r2 to dodge past people at an angle i forgot

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/viewer.aspx?productId=984&assetTypeId=1&shotId=0

...where's the RB button? i haven't heard of pressure thingy. i played a footy game in a shop on x360 n didnt notice any pressure points.

and how can you miss the analog lol ps3 has no rumble function for a start and look at the 360 controller the analog sticks are not that far away!

girisht said:
-hey wat exactly does the super cancel do?

It's quite useful. It allows you to move your player out of the default running path. So you know when sometimes your player just keeps running and maybe runs the ball out of play, or you can't get to the ball before the opponnent cos your player is running on a set course, well super cancel allows you to have total control of a player. Useful in many situations, but I found it so much easier on the original Xbox S-Controller, using the little black button

girisht said:
...where's the RB button? i haven't heard of pressure thingy. i played a footy game in a shop on x360 n didnt notice any pressure points.

The RB button is the top right shoulder button on the 360 pad, above the Right Trigger. My pressure comment, was reffering to how much you hold down the RIGHT TRIGGER button. I'm sure in some games, if you hold it down fully you run/shoot faster than if you just hold the trigger in lightly.

The RB button is just a button and not a trigger, hence you can only press a button and not hold it down like a trigger. Does that make sense. Sorry, I tried explaining as best I could :)

A bit OT i know :oops:

Google XFPS 360:thumbsup:

Very expensive though IMHO

tris

EDIT: anyone know if the limited edition ps2 street fighter controllers work with this device?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom