PS2 to Sanyo Z1 problems..

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by adieacc, Feb 10, 2003.

1. adieacc

adieacc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just recently taken delivery of a Sanyo Z1, and am currently sending signals to it via S-vid (RGB from Cable box & DVD through RGB to S-Vid convertor) and everything seems to be working fine.

But last night had some friends around with a PS2, which i tried to connect as above, through the RGB>Svid convertor. But the only picture i could get was a very, very faint picture in very dark red shades (totally un-watchable). Has any one got any ideas why??
    Or am i just missing something really obvious, as the stick i'm receiving about my new toy is unbearable.....

Cheers in advance
    Adieacc

2. talizker

talizker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Not much help I know but my PS2 is connected to the Z1 directly with a Sony S-Video cable and all is fine;)

3. adieacc

adieacc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Talizker

Are all PS2 not identical then, as the one last night only appeared to have one scart output (outputing component or RGB) no other options in the set-up menus...

4. talizker

talizker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    You can't choose S-Video in the setup [ie you can't output S-Video signal through SCART] but the PS2 can output S-Video when using a S-Video cable. The Sony one is only £15 [I think!] from Game etc...

5. stevelup

stevelup

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,096
    Hi

I strongly recommend you use RGB with the projector and not S-Video. The results with RGB are much better.

All you need is a SCART->RGB+Composite cable, and a normal VGA->5 x BNC cable. Join them together R->R G->G B->B and Composite->Hsync. Total cost should be under £50.

No interface box is needed and the picture is incredible.

Steve