1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 to Panasonic 42" SD

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Benfica, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Benfica

Benfica

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Well, yesterday I connected my PS2 (via composite video) to my panasonic plasma.

I tried FIFA06 and GT3 and the image doesn't fill the entire screen leaving 1" at top & bottom and 1" at left & right (aprox).

I've messed with PS2 configuration (4:3 - Complete - 16:9) and nothing changed.

Can you tell me how to completely fill my plasma screen ? Will a Scart/ RGB or Component connection do it ?

TA
    Best regards

2. Nicky

Nicky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Yep, this is normal - the PS2 signal doesn't fill the screen to allow for the fact that CRTs generally overscan the image (i.e. chop the edges off.)

You should be able to fix this from the memu of the plasma, by adjusting the vertical and horizontal sizes and positioning, but this will probably need changing back when you go back to watching TV or DVDs, purely for aesthetic reasons.

Scart RGB / Component won't help will this but will make the picture look a lot better.

Nick

3. MattTheBeanster

MattTheBeanster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    i have a panasonic pwd6. some games produce borders others don't. Like Nicky said you can adjust this via the position menu, you don't have to change it for viewing other inputs as the panasonic stores the sizes per input.

btw composite to a plasma....what a waste.

4. Benfica

Benfica

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your inputs.

Now, another question: I supose that to adjust this via the position menus, you are talking of accessing to the plasma Service Menu. How do I do it ? Any clue ?

Yes, you are right. I'm trying to figure that out. I mean, my plasma only has a set of component inputs, wich are at the momment used by my DVD player. I want to connect also my PS2 and future Xbox360. I'm trying to select & get a component switch to do this.

Thanks & Best regards

5. MattTheBeanster

MattTheBeanster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    nope my position is available from a button on the remote. maybe our models really are very different even though they're both pana sd's.

the ONLY time i've ever been in my service menu was once to check the amount of time it has been on.

6. Nicky

Nicky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Mine the same as Mr Beanster's - there's a 'position' button on the remote that brings up a menu for adjusting horizontal and vertical size and position. Do you know the model number of your plasma?

Re the component switch - it might not be the best way to go - you might find yourself resetting the screen position a lot as you flip between PS2 and DVD etc. If you've got a svideo input spare this might be an alternate 'good enough' solution for the PS2.

Nick

7. Benfica

Benfica

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My plasma is the TH-42PA50 - similar to UK model TH-42PE50. The difference is the tunner (analogue im my case, digital in the UK model, afaik).

So anyone know how to adjust hor & ver position on this model ?

Nicky - you are right, the switch is not the best way to go. I will try the SCART/RGB connection as I have a spare input availlable on my plasma. But still waiting to the answer from my qustion above.

Thanks again.

Best regards

8. Nicky

Nicky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Had a look at the instructons for your plasma and you're right - there doesn't seem to be a way from the standard menu to align the screen. You're probably stuck but if you want to keep trying it might be worth a post on the plasma discussion board to see if anyone knows how to get into the service menu.

Cheers,

Nick

9. steve-o

steve-o

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5