1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 to monitor cable.

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Baggy69, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Baggy69

Baggy69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi all, please can you help me, my monitor has 2 inputs, D-sub and 5 connectors showing red, green, blue, hd, vd. i just got a PS2 comp lead http://shop.uk.playstation.com/sony...=PlayStation+2+Accessories&product_id=9102700 and connected the red green blue with my monitor but i get no picture, ive been through all the settings on the ps2 just in case its something on there but it still doesn't work. Should this work or do i need a different lead? Please can someone help?
    Thanks Ian.

2. Kalab

Kalab
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Some computer monitors have 5 connectors, the standard RGB plus horizontal sync and Vertical sync. If you have on of these monitors you will not get any picture as the monitor is not seeing any sync signals.

3. Baggy69

Baggy69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    So is there a cable i can buy that will work ?

4. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,938
    There's no true VGA connection between a PS2 and a VGA monitor that I am aware of. The best you can get is one of those crappy VGA boxes that accept the video and audio jacks and turn the info into a picture that can be viewed on a monitor.

I wouldn't bother though, I got one and the picture isn't up to much to be fair. Stick to RGB or Component (if your TV accepts) as these provide the best image.