1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 - Screen won't centre

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Robin King, Sep 2, 2004.

1. Robin King

Robin King

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a Loewe Aconda a couple of months ago. The DVD player, SKY etc all work perfectly with it, but I've got an annoying problem with the PS2.
    The picture isn't central on the screen, it sits noticably left of the screen.

I've checked the config menu on the PS2, and tried changing the screen size from 4:3 to full to 16:9, but it doesn't seem to change.

Any suggestions?

2. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Most ps2 games have an option on them letting you center the picture, just have a look in options and you should see it there.

3. DanTheMan_77

DanTheMan_77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey m8.

I have exactly the same problem. Unfortunately there's not much you can do about it. The scart connections on your TV are calibrated for general use, therefore VCR, SKY, DVD etc whould all be ok. I think PS2 works on a slightly different range and some TV's cant account for this, therefore your picture gets shifted to the left or right. I think a TV engineer may be able to adjust the positioning of the scart output, however be aware if this was done to correct your PS2 then everything else that currently works would be shifted in the opposite direction! No win! I would say live with it and hope more developers include (what me, yourself and a lot of others would deem essential) centre screen option within games.

Cheers

Dan

4. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,727
    Yeah mine's like that through an RGB connection. Not sure what causes it - unless it's because my PS2 is chipped and outputs an NTSC signal. It is annoying though as many games do not have the screen centre option and you are left with a black bar down the right hand side!

5. Robin King

Robin King

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not the only one then. Guess I'll be living with it then.

Thanks for your responses.

6. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Oh i must be lucky with my choice of games then. :p