1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 & Samsung LE26R41BDX telly

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by KiNeSiS, Oct 24, 2005.

1. KiNeSiS

KiNeSiS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    is anyone running this combo? i ask because the picture i'm getting from the PS2 is appauling!!!

its really pixelly, looks worse than a PS1 game i s*** you not!

i'm playing Pro Evo Soccer 5 which is supposed to look pretty decent (but it also looks proper rubbish on other games) - and i'm using a blaze RGB cable through the RGB input of the telly and all that and its still poo! - i normally have the PS setup on a 21" sony CRT and it looks 100 times better, i just hope when PS3 comes out High Def looks better that this crap...

anyone know if i could be doing anything wrong?

2. Chris White

Chris White

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi,

I got the 32" Freeview version and when I used the xbox through either, RGB or S Vid the pic was unplayable.

I got the firmware upgrade and it made it a lot better, but then the next day I softmodded the xbox for HD with componet and was cristal!

I suggest a good starting point is to find out what software your telly is and maybe get the upgrade kit from sammy. Ps2 i dont think is HD so perhaps get yourself a 360 when out?

Chris

3. Eiji

Eiji

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    PS2 does 480p on quite a few games and 1080i on GT4.

Xbox does 480p on almost all games and HD 720p/1080i on a handful of games.

BTW, what did you say to Samsung about the poor RGB/S-Vid quality? Did you just say it was bad and they sent you the firmware upgrade and where did you purchase the set from?

4. Ryan_is

Ryan_is

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I'm running the 32" Samsung with a PS2, the answer is to buy a PS2 component cable(£8ish from eBay), the quality difference is amazing! Making sure you switch output to component on your PS2 and Digital optical out needs to be turned off too. Also seen one in use on my mate's Sagem Axium HD-D56, stunning!!

5. Chris White

Chris White

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i told them that the picture was unplayable as it was so ****. They phoned me back twice the next day and asked what hertz i was running at. i told them 60 and they send me cable and cd. All fixed.

Chris.

6. DanDT

DanDT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    What cable and CD? :rolleyes:

EDIT: Ok got it, i've been researching old threads :thumbsup:

7. grs

grs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry but was is a firmware upgrade.

8. Chris White

Chris White

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sammy call firmware software...... its the update that comes with a serial cable, printed instructions and a burnt cd with the soft/firmware on

9. markwombat

markwombat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys, I planning n getting a component cable for my ps2, however i also am using the optical out for my surround system when watching dvds with my ps2, do i really need to turn off the digital out?? if so why?

10. Idonex

Idonex
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can a non chipped PAL PS2 output via component in progressive scan? Or is everyone saying just using the component and not RGB SCART is what's improving the picture? This is basically why i haven't bothered getting this TV. If the standard output from PAL consoles is awful then..

11. card monster

card monster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm hopefully getting my Samsung 26" in the next week or so. When I do, I'll test my various consoles (chipped multi-region PS2 and regular PAL PS2, Xbox and Gamecube) using RGB and component wires and post the results.

12. Evil_Homer

Evil_Homer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the 32" version. Only got it last week. PS2 pq is awful with component cable. Picture actually looks better with RGB :suicide:

I have set the PS2 to component out and switched off the digital out as well!

I have spoke to Samsung and they said that this was not a known issue!!

I pointed out this thread and they said they would invesitgate. Should have an answer on Monday.

13. thelurch

thelurch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    So are you saying if you turn off the digital audio out off on the PS2 then the pq will improve with component cable?. Im off to try that then!