1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2, S-Video and Scart

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Dan666, Dec 7, 2003.

1. Dan666

Dan666
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Bit of a strange one this...

Im after a cable for my PS2 which has a Scart connector, but uses the S-video pins rather than composite video or RGB. Anyone know where I can get one?

I dont fancy the idea of using a S-Video/scart adapter.

I could probably just cut off the S-video plug from a cheap lead and solder the wires onto the relevant pins in a Scart plug.

2. rahulkohli

rahulkohli

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i know game do them in store.

3. fuzzybee

fuzzybee
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    GAME certainly don't sell a scart cable wired for s-video only, you will have to get it custome made(or let's say i've never seen one in any games shop for any console)
    Why don't you fancy using a scartblock with a s-video input on it ?????, i used to use one with my Jap DC into a 36inch Toshiba crt with no picture degradation. It was bought from Maplin and cost a fiver, obviously you will need a s-video ps2 cable the official one is about £15(i think).
    I would do it yourself though if your confident enough to do it :zonked:

4. Dan666

Dan666
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    FB, I just wanted to make a clean a job as I could of it - dont like the idea of adding extra boxes with even more wiring. I route the audio through an AV receiver and the video through a Scart switch box (both on different shelves in my rack) so using extensions and boxes is just going to add clutter.

Ideally, Id like to make a custom lead from scratch, but Im not sure if the Sony MultiAV connector is availible on its own. This way, I could wire it exactly as I would like it, including utilising the widescreen switching pins.

For now, I'll just buy a cheap S-Video lead and wire it into a Scart plug. Still need those pin-outs though....