1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 S-Video 60Hz?

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Intera, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Intera

Intera

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have a Sony S-Video cable for my PS2, I was just wondering does this cable automatically display 60Hz in games that support 60Hz? Or is there something I have to do - i have noticed 60Hz options in some games but not others (even new ones), does this mean there is no 60Hz if there's no option?

Also, at the moment I have the official Sony S-Video cable which was like £19.99, but today in GAME i saw an own brand "fully-wired" RGB cable for £14.99, is this better than S-Video? I only ask since I run my cube through an official Nintendo RGB and the quality is probably the best out of any of my consoles.

Thanks.

2. Loewe

Loewe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    RGB is generally better than S, but you can't watch DVD with RGB/PS2 and most cheap RGB-cables are not or badly shielded. So Your S-video cable is maybe the best choice. Much better than composite (the one yellow cable) and even with a good RGB you would probably not notice a difference from S-video. Depending on your TV.

3. Loewe

Loewe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    S supports 60 hz.

4. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,939
    To get round the green screen effect when watching DVDs with a RGB Scart Cable just get a copy of DVD Region X and it will remove the problem.