PS2 Region X - DTS output?

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by ag005613, Jun 21, 2002.

1. ag005613

ag005613
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just purchased the DVD Advantage pack including the PS2 Region X utility. This seems to be working fine except that I do not appear to be getting DTS output from my Region 1 DVDs. (I only have one region 1 DVD so far - the U2 Elevation Tour DVD). MY PS2 is connected via the digital optical cable to my home cinema. Usually when the Sony Cinema unit (HTK - 215) recognises DTS it displays it on the display but it seems to think that the U2 DVD is non-DTS and is just outputting it in Prologic format. I have not had this problem with any region 2 DVDs and I was wondering if perhaps the region 1 DVDs use a different form of encoding for the DTS signals? (I really don't have a clue here). Either that or the Region X utility maybe does not work with DTS/5.1?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Stu

2. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Make sure you've enabled the DTS soundtrack on the DVD... Most only output in Dolby digital 5.1 until you select DTS....

3. damtom1

damtom1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Turn on PS2 without a disc and axcess the menu,change the settings to allow dts.I seem to remember somthing relating to "bitstream".

4. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There isn't a DTS option on the PS2's operating system... However you would have to select "Optical Out" for audio, as you would for the ratio (16:9 or 4:3) and connection (RGB or component).

5. ag005613

ag005613
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for replies - I actually found this myself - it helps if you try the audio options on the CD! Whoops.

Stu

6. BoilingPoint

BoilingPoint

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    He,he .. Is'nt it always the way ;)