1. Join Now

This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 RCA connection

Discussion in 'Playstation - PS3, PS2, PS1 & PSP Forum' started by alex12345, Feb 29, 2008.

1. alex12345

alex12345 Standard Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I just bought a sun visor screen for my car and these are the two video inputs:

[​IMG]
    Any idea how to connect an RCA cable from my playstation 2 to these? Can i get an adapter?
    cheers

2. fallenangle

fallenangle Active Member

Ratings:
    +23
    Those are weird connections for a screen to have. You would have thought whatever they were they'd both be female (ie. sockets).

The yellow lead is probably the video connection corresponding to the yellow lead on a normal PS2 composite cable (yellow: video, red, white for audio R/L)). But what that single white RCA socket is doing I'm not sure. Does the screen have built in amp/speakers? If so it's probably a combined audio connection.

What you'll probably need is a RCA male to female (socket) converter for the video lead ie. just a simple RCA/phono coupler. If the white lead is for audio you'll need a RCA/phono doubler which converts the R/L audio red/white PS2 composite leads into a single male RCA plug.

Both of these are readily available for electronic stores for a few £/$.

But I'm not confident about this advice as regards the audio so please don't take it in isolation. I'd be looking at the screens instruction manual/specs just find out exactly how the leads are decribed.