1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 questions

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Papa Smurf, Jan 11, 2003.

1. Papa Smurf

Papa Smurf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've decided to follow the masses and get a UK PS2, but does it come with a scart and/or a component video cable ? If not, how much extra ?

Are there many PS2 games that are progressive scan compatible ?

Currently, what are the best bundle PS2 deals around ???

2. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,100
    Depending on what games you like it is worth looking at a US PS2, plus then you get no borders and the 17.5% slowdown on some games.

Take a look at www.goblindirect.co.uk they offer US PS2's with one game for 169.... cheaper than the PAL version.

3. Dunedin397

Dunedin397

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The audio\video connection that's bundled with the PlayStation2 is a composite cable along with a composite to SCART adapter. So, you'll only get a composite picture either way.

The official RGB SCART cable is £30!, but RGB SCART cables can be had from £5 onwards.

Note that the DVD playback with RGB has been disabled by Sony, so if you want to watch DVDs on it you'll need to go with composite or SVideo. Alternatively, you can but the DVD Region X or Region Free discs that allow RGB playback or you can get your machine chipped.

Personally, I use an SVideo cable with an SVideo to SCART adapter, so I'm very happy with the picture for games and DVDs. It's very close to RGB on my JVC 28" TV.

I'm not sure about deals, but you could check GamePlay.co.uk. I'd add that avoid 3rd party pads & memory cards, stick with Sony's products.

Dunedin397

4. sgb

sgb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0