PS2 Problem?? Help please!!

PSH16

Standard Member
Reaction score
The discs are not being read.
Whenever a disc is inside the PS2, the "Intro SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT" wishy-washy screen is displayed when turned on and then it goes to the "Browser / System Configuration" screen.

I tried using the differant input options that were available on the PS2 ("Y, Cb/Pb, Cr/Pr" & "RGB") but alas to no avail as it still did not resolve the situation.

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

do you get any error message?
I had a similar thing happen to me before but it always came up with a screen saying "disc read error"
I got a bit more life out of it by using a lens cleaner but i'm afraid it packed up soon afterwards - i think this was a known issue for early ps2s and Sony carried out repairs free of charge for a time - don't know if they are still doing so

PSH16 said:
The discs are not being read.
Whenever a disc is inside the PS2, the "Intro SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT" wishy-washy screen is displayed when turned on and then it goes to the "Browser / System Configuration" screen.

I tried using the differant input options that were available on the PS2 ("Y, Cb/Pb, Cr/Pr" & "RGB") but alas to no avail as it still did not resolve the situation.

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Load the disk up and go into browser - you should see the massage 'reading disk'. After a while it will display 'disk read error' if it cannot read the disk.

Ensure your PS2 game disk is clean and isn't scratched - try a couple of other games as a test. If they all fail, cleaning the laser lense on the slimline is easy enough as it is visible when you pop the lid open. Power off & unplug the console from the mains and give the lens a clean with a suitable lens cleaner. If that still fails, contact Sony cutomer services.

yea if its an old PS2 it for some reason strats to stop reading game discs.
i bought mine about four years ago and its starting to get picky about what it wants to play. but if its new id advise sony tech supt too.
chris

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom