1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Price Drop

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by asimm, Sep 26, 2001.

1. asimm

asimm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    I hear a rumour that either tomorrow or next Thursday the PS2 will drop by 80 pounds. This includes the GT3 pack. Have heard that this is only at EB but can't beleieve this - would think that it will be across the patch.<br />Could be wrong but hope not - will get one if it does drop in price.

2. aqureshi

aqureshi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

What is EB?

Cheers

3. Silver

Silver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    electronic boutique!

4. asimm

asimm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    Dixons are showing on their website PS2 199 from tomorrow. Looks like I was 10 pounds out.

5. andy_mac

andy_mac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sony have officially announced that the PS2 will be £199 from Friday 28th September, so make sure you don't buy one today!

6. andy76

andy76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I guess this is going to be a bit of an open question, but is now going to be a sensible time to buy one??<br />Just wonder if this is 'THE' price cut or more to come just before christmas??

Can see me buying one today and it being £50 less in a month...

Ta

Andrew

7. lechacal

lechacal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    The real question is: what's the point of buying a games console that has no decent games available for it?<br />I walked into EB today and there's just shelves and shelves full of crud. GT3 isn't as good as GT2. Red Faction is OK if you haven't played Half-Life. The only decent game I could see was Extreme G 3, which isn't an exclusive anyway. It's a bit of a pathetic display.

8. Brian H

Brian H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have to agree with lechecal..my mate brought his round the other night - it was my first real shot of the psx2 -he ahd about 5 games & I rented 3 out and they were all cack..there wasn't 1 that you'd want to play for 2 long..GT3 looked pretty mean but that's it..timesplitters was seizure inducing EAs NBA game was "ertha kitt" & the other games we're so unimpressive I'm struggling to remember what they are..I would say if you've waited this long - hang on in there & see what the x-box etc..has to offer..the worst that could happen is they drop the price again...cheers

9. asimm

asimm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    Bought one on Saturday after having borrowed one for a week. Do not think that there will be another drop till after Christmas, don't care so much, you can wait half your life playing that game.<br />I had the same thought as the previous posts - there is only one game that I wanted - GT3. However I am completly addicted to it at the moment and ISS/FIFA/Wipeout fusion are all out in a matter of weeks and I will be buying each of them so I went for it .<br />Got 65 for my old console plus about 5 games so the price of a GT3 pack came to 154.