Quantcast

PS2 or Xbox?

dts_boy

I'm helping out a mates girlfriend that wants to buy her boyfriend a games console. i know he like sdriving games and streetfighter stlye games. the question is which system will be best for him, hes not big on the av thing but i am and will want to borrow it now and then! i don't know a great deal about these things but would you rather have at the mo?

Kalef

Novice Member
dts_boy, this subject has been covered many times in these forums and there will be many opinions (none right/wrong) on which console is the better buy.

If the machine is to be used as a DVD player as well as a games console, then the choice is cut down to the PS2 & XBOX immediately, with the latter having the better DVD player.

XBOX & Gamecube has 4 player capability as standard, PS2 will need additional hardware.

The games side sees the PS2 with a large catalogue of games, although the XBOX & Gamecube are releasing plenty to keep their console owners busy.

Hard to say that there is a winner here, but for me I would personally recommend the XBOX.

A

Azrikam

Do a search on either of the systems. All the intelligent, and non-intelligent arguments for all 3 systems have already been made.

If nothing else, it makes for some interesting reading. :)

dts_boy

thankks for all the advice, the X box was victorous, so much so that i bought one for myself as well!