1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 or Xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by forever, Jan 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forever

forever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Got the cash dont know which one to get.
    Either way it will be chipped !!!
    Comments ?? ( which ps2 or xbox and which chip )

2. Squiffy

Squiffy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,891
    Do a search thru previous threads - this has been discussed numerous times.

And once you've done that, go and get an XBox. www.premodded.co.uk seem to come recommended.

3. kwijibo

kwijibo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    YOU NEED AN XBOX, LIVE AND PGR2.

Seriously, I have all the consoles, and play Xbox the most online, Gamecube second with friends on Mario Kart, Mario Party 5, Mario Golf, Beach Spikers,(plus Ikaruga, Viewtiful Joe- Very Cool) , And PS2 hardly ever now, except PES3 which is great and eye toy with partys). I I had to give up 2 and live with just one, it would be Xbox if live, Gamecube if not.

Expect a messy fight to follow.............:clap:

4. wod

wod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    ps2 with dms3 chip

5. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    I'd say get an Xbox, for the following reasons.

First, better graphics. People say "well graphics don't matter as long as the game is good". I say, well why not have a great game with great graphics? Why do some people always boil it down saying that they are mutually exclusive?

Second, xbox live. Really, i don't know why sony have bothered taking the ps2 online. It really is a shambles. Laggy servers, you can only play against one or two people. With xbox live you get really fast servers, you can play against 8 people on project gotham racing 2, plenty more on rainbow six 3, etc.

Third. Hard drive. You have to pay another £70 to get this on ps2. It's great. I have a gamecube and the games load faster on xbox. No matter what anyone says its true. Look at project gotham 2. It loads in like 5 seconds. With THOSE graphics. Truely amazing. Also allows for you to burn your own songs onto the hard drive and listen to them while you race in the game or in vice city.

Fourth. Price. You can pick up an xbox for £120 with different games and it includes it being internet ready, a hard drive. Amazing. Compare that to ps2 and you're looking at spending nearly £300 to get all the stuff that xbox has, and you've still got a machine that's less than the equivilent to a pentium 2, with truly poor graphics.

Fifth. Accessories. Xbox comes with 4 controller points as standard, no need for memory cards that cost yet more money and no need for a multi-tap.

Sixth. Games. Xbox used to have hardly any games, and not all of them are good. Yes PS2 has by far the largest games library, but quite a lot are rubbish. Xbox has its fair share of rubbish games too, but so many AMAZING games are coming out exclusively to xbox this year.

I'd say buy both consoles, but if you just want one, get an xbox.

See you on LIVE!

6. richgtfc

richgtfc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    XBox wins every time. XBox live will take over your life:eek:

Rich

7. hulkhead

hulkhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    he's right - xbox with xbox live...... :D

8. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    'Interesting' that you picked games as the final reason to buy a console:rolleyes:

At least you mentioned games though...most people completely neglect that when they're recommending someone buys an Xbox

9. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,108
    Forever, no one can ever sell you a system as everyone is pretty much biased to what they like. You will simply have to go to your local shop and decide. If you make the wrong choice simply take it back.

Sorry to be a spoil sport but I am locking this thread and will be locking all future "Which one is the best". There is plenty of history on this topic and unless there are specific requests of a technical nature ie sound, picture etc. there is nothing that you cannot find on the net or on this forum very easily.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.