1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Optical Lead

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by bealios, Jan 10, 2004.

1. bealios

bealios
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've bought a general optical lead and plugged it into my ps2 and sony dav550 amp. It doesn't seem to work (no sound), and there is no red light coming out of the lead going into the amp (like there is from my Sky+ Box).

Do I need a specific PS2 optical lead? I've switched optical on in the PS2 settings by the way.

Can anybody please help? Thanks.

2. outtathaway

outtathaway

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    You need to enable digital out in your set up options on your PS2, sorry can't give you any more details as it's a long time since I last had a look at this.

3. NAI

NAI

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    never used a dav system but do you have to tell the thing to recognize an optical input.

other than that try putting a dvd in the ps2 and turning the optical on from the DVD menu.

or.... faulty cable? get it swapped or try a known to be working cable.

if still no luck.... try contacting sony, see if they have ever heard of fauly optical ports on PS2s.

4. bealios

bealios
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. I have now sorted it. I am using an optical splitter, and for some reason the orientation of the optical lead makes a difference - if I plug the optical lead which goes to my amp in one way the right input (Sky+) works, if I unplug it from the splitter and rotate 180 degrees, the left input works (PS2).

No idea why this happens, possibly a feature/fault of the splitter?