PS2 only outputting pro-logic

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by adi, Nov 2, 2003.

1. adi

adi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    while my Denon DVD2900 is (still) at hayden labs having the "grinding" noise investigated, i am using my son's PS2 as the player, running an optical cable to my technics sadx940 receiver - however, it only ever seems to output pro logic, whatever i select from the disc menu.

is this correct, or is there some setting in the console itself i have to alter?

ta chaps

adi

2. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +219
    PS2 has an audio setup menu. I can't remember the options but definitely worth having a look to see ifyou can change anything. Just boot the ps2 without a disc in and you'll see the menu options.

3. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +219
    Oh by the way most ps2 games are only prologic but I assume you are talking about dvds.

4. Buzz918

Buzz918

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, go into the setup and you have the option of choosing dolby digital and enabling the digital out etc.

5. gchaplin

gchaplin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    the ps2 has an option on the front screen (when there is no disc in) in the set up options where you have to turn on the digital out.
    This will enable games with a digital out signal such as metal gear solid 2 (dolby digital) and gta vice city (dts) - which sounds the nuts by the way.

When you play a dvd you might have to start the disc then, press stop, then press start on the pad to bring up the menu and somewhere there you should find an audio setup - you can turn on stuff there too.

You probably have to do both these things

G