PS2 online: SOCOM

R

rhoamish

Has anyone played this? I bought it at the weekend, and I'm quite impressed. It seems to work well, and there's little or no lag.

I feel a bit of a fool sat in the lounge with the McDonalds drive-thru headset on, but aside from that, it's a hoot.

The offline game is great, too.

Anyone else out there playing?

Apologies if a similar post has appeared before, but I couldn't find any when I searched.

I think everyone is too busy playing on decent online services like XBox Live.

(Flameproof underpants on)

I don't have an Xbox, so I can't compare the two. However, I'm surprised that no-one else has tried the PS2 online.

Originally posted by Squiffy
I think everyone is too busy playing on decent online services like XBox Live.

(Flameproof underpants on)

:clap: :clap: :clap: :smashin:
Not many on here will flame you for that, well only Neil & sinzer ;)

Get a PC :p

or an Apple Mac.......

Sinzer, it may surprise you to learn that I have a PC...that's how I manage to post on this forum. I don't want to play online games on my PC, as they seem to fall over all the time, and I've not found a game yet that isn't wrecked by cheats.

I only asked if anyone else played SOCOM online...you're not going to trick me into buying an Xbox or anything...

Hehe, I was only poking a little fun with Liverpool who can read my mind like a book :)

I have heard good things about Socom, also am looking forward to FFXI, although that will be played on my PC :)

Socom's pretty good actually, but it's let down by some dodgy controls. Conflict: Desert Storm 2 is similar but better, but lacks online play.

There's two different sets of controls on SOCOM. The 'two joystick' version is tricky to get to grips with, but it's good once you do. It feels quite natural after a while.

There are a few cheats around, but they seem to get voted off quite quickly.

I play SOCOM its amazing rips through all the Xbox Live games.

Originally posted by NeilMcRae
I play SOCOM its amazing rips through all the Xbox Live games.

So you've played all the live games yeah?
I've also played socom & IMO RTCW & GR-IT beat it hands down.

have to agree with liverpool
you dont like xbox live much do you NeilMcRae:(
having posted before about the short comings of live:eek:
but such is life you cant please everyone:)

Come and join the real console gamers on xbox live
Precisely :)
C'mon Neil GR:IT would look fantastic on that panel of yours :D

I wonder if this thread could get any more off-track? I only wondered if any other forum users were playing SOCOM on PS2.

Clearly, something in the title "PS2 online: SOCOM" encourages people with xboxes to slag off anyone who wants to play this game!

I'm glad you like your xbox: I'm happy for you. I don't want one, I'm very happy with my PS2, I like playing SOCOM on the PS2, does anyone else??

rhoamish apologies, lets keep this on topic.

[I have Xbox live its good, but PS-2 online is good also].

[GRIT fans click here:]

http://www.domino.org/random/setup21.jpg

I've been playing SOCOM for almost 2 years now and its fantastic, there are cheating issues I agree and thats a shame but SOCOM 2 should resolve these and I can't wait for it.

Regards,
Neil.

Neil,

Thank you! Hopefully see you around on it some time. I am currently pants at it, but it's really addictive.

My nickname is 'Eddy Dog': I have no idea why.

encourages people with xboxes to slag off anyone who wants to play this game!

Err i don't see anyone getting slagged off mate.
Neil said socom is better than any live game so we were saying it aint. ok?
Sorry that your ps2 thread was taken off topic :)

Ps nice pic neil.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom