1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 on RP

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by CarlB, Jul 16, 2001.

1. CarlB

CarlB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    I use my PS2 and DC on my Tosh 40WHO8B with no problems. Static images are the issue, so make sure you switch the set off or to another channel if you leave the room for a while.

I was worried about in-game displays which are static, such as a score line or speedo, but as they don't seem to be displayed for more than a few mins before something else (even a loading screen, for example) I haven't had any trouble.

2. 11aa11aa

11aa11aa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I want to get a rear projection screen. However I want to be able to play games from my PS2 on it and it seems that Sony say you can do this.

Is this true or is it just another case of Sony being a big baby and extremly uncool? :confused:

3. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,414
    Go into an arcade and look at the big screens on most of the games ( espescially those with a big gimmicky controller like skies of a boat ) and notice how there seems to be a real bad burn in on the screen ( ie even though the game is playing you can still see the title screen faintly displayed )

Well this is what is supposed to happen ( and probably did ) with game machines on RP machines.

However I am not sure if it is still a problem and would only be a problem if you left the same image on the screen for any long period of time. Most DVD players actually have a screen saver thing for if you leave the machine on pause for too long but I doubt this would be the case for the PS2.

Come to think of it I doubt very much if it is a problem with newer RP sets as when watching digital TV there is a logo permanantly in place