PS2 on Plasma.

madcyril

Established Member
Reaction score
My Sony plasma is linked via component to my Yammy 750se.Does anyone know if I can connect a PS2 to the amp with a svhs&2 phono lead.Can any probs regarding sound and picture occur.

Cheers.

I don't think that you will get any sort of picture at all mate. I know that with my Yammy 640 unless i feed it the same signal then it won't output anything, ie you will need to use a component cable from your PS2 to the amp which will then carry the signal on to the display. AFAIK the Yammy amp should have 2 component in's and 1 out so you should have enough sockets available.

Sony also make their own offical ps2 component cable as well, i got mine years ago from HMV but not sure if they still do it thou. I would of thought that LikSang would do them thou.

From what I've read out on the Net, It isn't recomended to connect a games console to a Plasma TV.

Sparkyuk said:
From what I've read out on the Net, It isn't recomended to connect a games console to a Plasma TV.

Did you read that on the same site where it says that you have to re-gas the plasma every 5 years as well :rotfl: :rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom