1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 on Plasma with Js Tech RGB - VGA

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Bobby_Dazzler, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Bobby_Dazzler

Bobby_Dazzler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

Can anyone tell me if my ps2 will work ok with a scart plugged in to a js tech rgb convertor

Also

Why does it say you can "turn off the green screen" on the replacement scart leads? why would anyone want a green screen anyway?

Bobby

2. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    I'm afraid I don't know about whether your PS2 will work with a JS Tech RGB convertor, I don't see why it shouldn't.

However, with regard the "turn off green screen" on SCART leads; if you use a European PAL PS2 to watch DVD's and the PS2 is connected to the TV using a full RGB SCART cable then the resulting picture will be green. Sony argued that this was a 'design feature' to combat film piracy. The fact they have also included Macrovision seemed to lost on Sony. :rolleyes: Hence those SCART cables that you have seen advertised have a switch on them to turn the video signal from RGB to Composite to remove the green screen issue, trouble is... Composite is the worst of the lot when it comes to picture quality.

I used to use an RGB SCART cable with my PS2 and used DVD Region X to remove the green screen whilst keeping the DVD picture quality via a full RGB signal. However, for the last few months I have now upgraded to a PS2 Component cable and the improvement in picture quality over RGB SCART is significant imho plus I also get the added bonus of no green screen during DVD playback.

S.