1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 noisy backwards compatibility?

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Spazwunkle, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Spazwunkle

Spazwunkle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    heyhey all

Original Silent Hill that I ordered off chilloutgames.co.uk arrived today.

Popped it into my ps2 and it seems to make a hell of a noise when loading.

The game seems to work fine (apart from when I died and it just continually made the loud loading sound), but just wondering if this a usual thing with ps1 games playing on ps2? or is there something wrong with the disc?

2. Spazwunkle

Spazwunkle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey again

Does anyone have an answer to this? I need to know whether to send this back or not.

Is it usual for ps1 games playing on ps2 to have such a noisy load? (everytime the disc spins)

3. ThePunisherTXB

ThePunisherTXB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can't help. All I can tell you is that I've played plenty of PS1 games on my PS2 and have had no such experiance.

Try other PS1 games and see if there is still a problem. Maybe your PS2 can't run PS1 games properly.

4. _Sin

_Sin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Do you have many CD based PS2 games, as opposed to DVD based ones? (PS2 CDs are blue, DVDs are silver with subtle PS logos).

Just curious if you could try running a PS2 CD based game and comparing the noise it makes. Recent games are almost entirely DVD based, so it may be that you haven't played any...

CDs tend to be a bit louder, and can also be one of the first things to start going wrong if the drive is a bit out of whack. Without more to compare though, it's difficult to say.

5. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
    Ratings:
    +2
    I get a lot of noise using Monsters inc PS1 on my PS2. But no problem with PS2 games so Im not worried