PS2 / Metal Gear Solid 2 - Wheres my 5.1?

Desticado

Prominent Member
Reaction score
My PS2 is connected via optical cable to my Denon 3802

Everything has always seemed fine until I purchased Metal Gear Solid 2. It promises 5.1 but my amp will only find PL II. Ive checked the options in the game settings.

Anyone got any ideas?

Regards

Are you skipping past the cut-scenes? Cos that's the only place you'll find 5.1 sound in MGS2. I don't think that any PS2 game to date has 5.1 sound in the game.

Desticado

Same here mate, only get DPL on my 3801 and I leave the cut scenes to play. Having said that, I'm not too impressed with the game yet so I've not played it for a week or so.

P>

When I watched, er sorry, played this film, whoops, game, the only part that had 5.1 was the openong sequence where Snake jumps of the bridge. It did sound good though. But now I have that sound DURING games 'cos I saw the light and got an xbox.:D

Originally posted by Army Bloke
When I watched, er sorry, played this film, whoops, game, the only part that had 5.1 was the openong sequence where Snake jumps of the bridge. It did sound good though. But now I have that sound DURING games 'cos I saw the light and got an xbox.:D

yep 5.1 sound makes a HUGE difference.
Last week I had the double glazing done so had to disconnect
my home cinema, I was left playing my xbox games using the
just my Panasonic 36'' widescreen.
So, sound was from just "stereo & telly eq settings" the
games just didn't have the same feel to it. For example u know
when the "grunts" in halo spot you and they shreek "i can see him,
i can see him", u can here them from deep into left side of
the corridor or behind you! And it's this sound placement that
really adds depth to the gaming experience.

btw I made a colleage at work read your comment abt mgs2
He's got a ps2 and that game! Usually he gets annoyed by people
commenting abt his previous generation console.
But strangely enough he wasn't too bothered by u're comment but
added that... "FOOLham, they're gonna get battered by CHELSEA
in the FA CUP SEMI-FINAL ON SUNDAY NIGHT" ! ;)

I'm not relly into football myself except when it's a world cup.

Cya,
Shaz

Shaz,
being a Chelsea supporter, he probably couldn't read my post because it wasn't in a giant cardboard book with massive letters and only 1 page!!

Here's a joke about a certain player (nameless)

This Chelsea player has a nightmare of a game on a Saturday and on Monday he's called into the manager's office to explain. Through their interporators, they work out that the player is having a problem with a jigsaw puzzle he is trying to do at home. The manager decide's he will give the player one more chance. But the next Saturday, the same again, tripping over his pony tail and everything.

Monday morning, Managers office. The player explains that he is trying to do a jigsaw of a tiger and it is driving him mad. One more chance so's not to ruin this player's world cup chances.

Next Saturday, TOTAL NIGHTMARE!! Monday morning, managers office. They decide to do something about. "Bring the puzzle in and we'll get it done for you", say's one interprotor. "Brilliant" say's the other.

The next day in comes this player and empties the content's of the box all over the managers table.

"Don't be a prat and put the Frosties back in the box" say's the manager.

BOOM BOOM:D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom