• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PS2 memory card to PS3?

HRL

Probably a silly question, and I have trawled through the forum as much as I can, but is it possible to get the game saves off of a PS2 8Mb memory card and somehow get them onto a PS3?

:lease:

Pritz

Standard Member
A rip-off, but a necessity if you want to carry on where you left off on your PS2 games.

Oh and a recent PS3 firmware update allows PS2 saves to be moved from from the console's HDD back to the 8mb Memory card, previously it was a 1 way trip only (just makes that parting with £12 a little more justifiable) :clap:

Dave

Distinguished Member
Guys, I suggest that if you want to make a trade then start a thread in the trading forums.

If anything goes Pete Tong with the sale then the mods will give you absolutely zero help if the trade was done outside of the trading forums.

Dave.

Bogside

Guys, I suggest that if you want to make a trade then start a thread in the trading forums.

If anything goes Pete Tong with the sale then the mods will give you absolutely zero help if the trade was done outside of the trading forums.

Dave.

I understand completely. Would normally have done that but I was just trying to help the guy out. I'm happy to take the risk and would hope that my trader rating would provide some assurance to the buyer.

Dave

Distinguished Member
I understand completely. Would normally have done that but I was just trying to help the guy out. I'm happy to take the risk and would hope that my trader rating would provide some assurance to the buyer.

No problem, I was just pointing out that the extra protection you get within the trading forums is worth the 2 minutes it takes to start a thread and you also get the option to leave feedback for each other.:)

HRL

Appreciate your suggestions and I don't mind either way.

For the sake of £6 via Paypal I really don't mind.

PM'd response.

Thanks everyone for your help. :thumbsup:

supedaj

I have a similar problem. Is there not a way I can transfer it from a max drive (similar to what was used for the ps2 to transfer saves). I have a ps2 memory card with option files and I also have the max drive (same as usb stick) with a similar option file.

The way I used the max drive on the ps2 was to use the supplied mini cd which allows 'uncrushing' of option files. If I was to use the max drive how would I uncrush it (without the use of the disc)?

Seems a waste to buy the memory card adapter if I already have the option file on a usb stick right?

Thanks in advance

HRL

If you can wait a few days I'll sell the adaptor on to you for what I paid for it.

And then you can do the same?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom