1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Joytech 7.2" screen opinions?

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by fraggle, Dec 17, 2003.

1. fraggle

fraggle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Hiya,

Has anyone got one of these screens for the PS2?
    http://www.joytech.net/gb/products/index.php?platform=13&product=35&x=23&y=8

We're thinking of getting one and then putting it and the PS2 into a Citroen Saxo dash. Problem is the screen comes with a panel which bolts onto the back of the PS2 and then the monitor hinges from this panel so it can fold down flat onto the top of the PS2 when not in use.

We'll need to pull this lot to bits and devise our own mounts and extend the connecting cables, etc.

Anyone got one of these screens and knows how good quality the screen is for DVD playback? I notice they do a 7.2" STN and a 5.6" TFT screen. I know the TFT will be better quality, but is the STN screen acceptable?

(We're thinking of mounting the PS2 "end on" in the top of the dash, i.e. the CD/DVD tray will pop up out of the dash. If its mounted like this we obviously can't mount the screen onto the back of the PS2 and so need to customise how to mount it)