1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2/ hitachi 42pd7200

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by kissit2004, Jul 27, 2005.

1. kissit2004

kissit2004
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hiya all,

i have just got my hitachi pd7200 and i have also a ps2.now both the systems are awesome but i have one problem.

when i play the ps2 through the av5 connection i get black borders on both sides,now i would have thought that this wouldnt happen,anybody have any help in this problem.

cheers stevo.

2. Matt TRD

Matt TRD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    I have the Hitachi 32LD7200 and get the same problem i have tried connecting with RGB Scart and component.

Even going through the various zoom modes won't eliminate the problem. Guess we will just have to live with it.

3. Clepsidr

Clepsidr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a Panasonic 42PV500, connected my PS2 to it with an RGB Scart and have exactly the same problem!

I've tried all zoom and image modes on the TV, have tried changing the settings on the PS2 from 16:9 to Full to 4:3 but I still can't get rid of the black bars all around the image (except in maximum zoom but then games are not playable).

The problem is screen burn, I think that if you play very long with the side bars on the plasma it's bound to damage the screen. Has anyone come across a solution for this? Maybe a component cable instead of an RGB Scart? Or sending the PS2 signal via a VCR/DVD recorder?

4. Matt TRD

Matt TRD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    I am using component cables and running some games in Progressive scan and the borders are still there. Fortunately as mine is an LCD screen burn is not an issue plus the unit itself has a safety measure that i can enable to prevent any likely hood of it happening.