1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Game Advice.

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by STOWITBELOW, Nov 4, 2004.

1. STOWITBELOW

STOWITBELOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    My 8 yr old daughter is being treated to a PS2 consol (birthday) & I was wondering if there are any firm recommendations for suitable games. She has had access to one & enjoyed Jack & Dexter, & Ratchet & Clank, so I want something similar. She's also played Crash (various) & others on PS1. Are there any good sites for reviews? My wife thought Frogger or Zapper, both of which aren't well reviewed on Amerzon. Also I want to benefit from a proper PS2 game. I'm planning on Singstar, but a 'cheap' platform game as well, will means I won't have to leave the room every time it's switched on!

2. Solomon Grundy

Solomon Grundy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,413
    The Jack and Daxter sequel Jak 2 Renegade will probably be too difficult as it is completely different to the first game. Ratchet and Clank 2 would be a safe bet though if she likes the first one. Rayman Revolutions and Spyro the Dragon would also be suitable. That should keep her going for a while. I would also recommend splashing out on the eye toy which you will probably end up playing with too! Hope this helps.

3. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,076
    The dance mat would probably be a winner for an 8 year old girl.

4. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Yeah there is also Ratchet & clank 3 out on the 12th. i'll be getting this to play online ps2 :eek: got a good review Here

5. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,730
    My friends children are of a similar age and they like the Harry Potter games.

6. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    klonoa 2 is very highly rated. i played the original klonoa and thought it was very impressive despite being a bit childish, but should be ideal for kids. It's sort of a platform game with a few light puzzles thrown in for good measure.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/165/165360p1.html

7. STOWITBELOW

STOWITBELOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Thanks chaps, I'll have a look at prices. I forgot, she's had Spyro, (Liked it) & a dance mat for PS1 (not a sucess really), I'm sure some of the others would be good, but I'm after a cheapie! (Probably not a new release. She's doing well with the consol + 1 'game' & a stack of other gifts, never mind any more!). I'm guessing that games about £10 are £10 for a reason. Looks like Christmas/birthdays have just had another price hike.