[PS2] Final Fantasy X2 - Is it Americanised?

janmars

Standard Member
Reaction score
Reason I ask is that I had to give up on Final Fantasy X because it was far too American for my liking. The "basketball team" themes really didn't work for me. And in typical american fashion the over exagerated attitudes weren't too good either. The final staw being the "pop generation" american accents (could the voices be switched off?).

Anyway...knowing that FF-X2 is a sequal to this; did it follow the whole Americanised trend?

I think you'll find the fact it is targeted at the female demographic more annoying than any inherent americanisation.

Still a good game though, if you invest the required amount of time & effort into it.

Kish Kash said:
I think you'll find the fact it is targeted at the female demographic more annoying than any inherent americanisation.

But making rpg's (and games in general) more accesible, or specifically designed, with female gamers in mind is extremely positive though IMO :smashin:

Thanks for the reply. :)

Whilst I agree that making rpg's more accesible is positive...I it believe can be done without making the games more and more superficial...

Maybe I will give it a try if I can find a cheap copy...

If you really enjoy RPGs I would recommend Tales of Disgaea. This is the first game that has had me laughing outloud in a long time.

However, if you are not a fan of stats then it might not be for you as it is purely about fighting for the most part.

Thanks, I will check out both those games. I do like stat based games so Tales of Disgaea will be worth a try.

Also, I do have a GC so will deffinatly check Tales of Symphonia; but isn't it only available on import at the moment? I do have Freeloader, so that would be okay so long as it is compatible with Freeloader?

fable is out on friday,look ok top selling game in us at the moment :thumbsup:

Yep I am also going to get Fable, but not sure whether to hold of on it for a while. From what I hear it is a damn good RPG; but there are so many games due out in the next few weeks...it's a problem to keep up with them all...

Also meant to say that FFX-2 is ok, I got bored during Chapter 2. I think a major problem for me was the format, the menu choice of locations made it feel very un FF.

The fights are ok, however it is very easy after a while, but there are some nice twists. It wasn't overly american, however it still isn't a patch on the old ***.

Yeah I miss the old style FF games. Still I am seriously considering getting a GBA again so that I can play the FF games available on that.

Anyway, been out today and got a copy of Disgaea. Only played about 40mins so far (about 3 tutorials worth), but it is looking like stunning stuff. Thanks for the recommendation... :)

Disgaea is awesome, possibly the best tactics game to ever be brought out, even maybe as good or better than FF:Tactics on PS1 (although that might be going too far!).

FF:Tactics on the GBA is ok, but I preferred Fire Emblem which is really good.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom