PS2 DVD Playback

MikeyB

Standard Member
Reaction score
OK, I just got my PS2 yesterday for £160 brand new!! Cracking games, even tho I've only got one!

My problem is with DVD playback, its hooked up via RGB scart, and DVD are all green. I've known about this problem, but I thought it was only with early PS2's and it would have been fixed by now.

What do I have to do to get proper colours on movies?

Cheers
Mike

Pick up the Action Replay 2 or DVD Region X software and you'll be sorted in colour :)

The latter can be picked up for £17.99 at www.play247.com

Regards Jenz.

There is also an RGB scart cable made by Sabre I think with a switch built into it, this will remove the "copy protection" feature that Sony have gifted us :(

Not sure if it maintains the RBG output tho, it may switch it back to composite. Some further investigation is required, I bought the official Sony RGB cable, then read about this other one when I got home :(

Not a big problem as I have a dedicated DVD player anyhow

Originally posted by Shady
Where did you get the PS2 from for that price?

Its all about who you know!!!! Theres a new huge Asda opened where I live, and I know someone who works there, yesterday they had a special 10% off, and with my mates 10% staff discount on top, saved £40, groovy I say!

And thanx for the info Jenz, I might just check it out!

hi, Iwas wondering .....If you plug a PS2 into a projector is the signal similar to HTPC or like ordinary DVD players?do you Know anyone

Its an interlaced video res signal just like any bog standard dvd player. Not scaled deinterlaced or inverse telecined as ( hopefully) from an HTPC.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom