• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PS2 Controller

I love a sunflower

Established Member
Can you please look at your PS2 black controller connector at the end of the lead and count how many pins are in there.

Is it 3 sets of 3 pins
or 2 sets of 3 pins and 1 set of 2 pins?
That is the middle pin missing from the right hand side with the arrow pointing towards you.

I went an exchanged one that I bought in December that has the middle right pin missing, but so does my new controller.
Yet my original controller has 3 pins in each section.
:confused:

N

new brain

your pad is fine, mate. don't waste your time and money getting it replaced.

mine is exactly the same, and i've had no problems for over 6 months now.

P

poncho

Hello rich tee. I've just looked at both my Dualshock 2 controllers. The black one is exactly as you've described, with two sets of 3 pins, with 1 pin missing in the last (right hand) section - the middle pin is missing.
My silver one, however, has 9 pins in total, with none missing.

The black one does play up every now and again, but I just make sure it's pushed in properly to the PS2 console (I suspect the nephews were playing on it and maybe broke the pin off). It works fine after that.

I'm not 100% sure that the pin was missing in the first place, but the silver one has 9 pins so I reckon the black one probably had 9 pins originally. Anyway, if it works ok, you might as well leave it alone.

Happy gaming.

I love a sunflower

Established Member
Thanks guys for the quick response.
It's interesting though.

I've not even plugged the new one in it came with the pin missing.
Incidently both pads were bought at Tesco.

Nothing against Tesco I work for them.
:hiya:

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom