PS2 controller

scrapbook

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the best way of getting a PS2 controller to work on a PC?

I noticed that Game sell a USB converter, is this a better method than a gameport converter or does it not really make a difference?

Any alternatives?

i made a ps2 adapter, but i have also bought that one from Game, and it works fine on most games. The only downside is that there's no way of setting a deadzone for the analog sticks, so some games don't work, as the stick always thinks it's moving. Alias and Simpsons: Hit and Run are two which don't work, but about 90% i've tried do. And isn't it only £6.99? Well worth it!

sorry, couldn't tell you. haven't played gta 3 in years.. but £6.99 isn't much to waste. And it's not all that easy to make your own, and it will cost you more than £6.99 when you weigh it up.

yep, i'm with ya on that one. should keep the kids quiet for a while

you should see my latest project.. i've taken apart a keyboard and a ps2 pad, and put the controller board for the keyboard inside the ps2 pad. when i feel brave enough i'm going to solder wires from the ps2 buttons to the keyboard controller, so i have a joypad which emulates keyboard buttons. Then i'll have a joypad which works with ANY pc game!

Ive seen an imitation ps2 controller with a usb connection at a computer fair for about a tenner - have a look on ebay you may find one....

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom