• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PS2 Connection to AV amp >> HELP!

leehaynes

Established Member
Hi,

I've just put my home cinema setup together and i only get sound from the PS2 and no picture.

I have a sony STR DB790 AV amp and have the PS2 connected with the standard lead (less the scart adapter) red and white plugs for sound and the yellow plug into video. These are all in the VIDEO 1 row (in the top row of connections.

I have attached a pic of the back of the amp and hope someone can help.

Lee

Attachments

• strdb790_rear.jpg
    strdb790_rear.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 76

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
perhaps the S-video lead for PS2 would be better.......alsoif AMP doesnt do video conversion the composite system wont work....

GagHalfrunt

Established Member
Certainly my amp wont up-convert Comp. to Svideo so this will never work.

It would be better to use SVideo from the PS2 anyway because of the quality difference.

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
if you had comonet lead for PS2 you would need to use a component cable to screen from AMP (this is ideal) alkso AMP can switch 2 component inputs so can use this for DVD too..... for best PQ (what TV are you using? does it have component inputs?)

leehaynes

Established Member
no, just scart and s-video. It's a Toshiba 32" widescreen.

Thanks for the advice though. I think i'll have to buy a PS2 S-video lead - that should work shouldn't it as then there woiuldn't be any conversion?

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom