1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 connection query ...

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Bicycle Boy, Dec 14, 2001.

1. Bicycle Boy

Bicycle Boy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

My girlfriend let slip that she was buying me a PS2 for Chrimbo (She's not all bad!), and I was wondering about how I should connect it up.

My setup currently is:

Television: Philips 32PW9616 (which has four Scart sockets 2 of which are RGB).
    DVD: Toshiba SD210E which is connected to SCART (RGB)1 and Digital Audio connection to TV (TV is DD5.1 equipped).
    SKY DigiBox which is connected to SCART (RGB)2.
    Philips Video which is connected to the SkyBox (I think, I'm currently at work).

From what I can gather in an ideal world I would connect the PS2 to a RGB SCART, but I dont have any left !

Suggestions please !

Thanks for your help.

2. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +234
    Get yourself a scart splitter and use RGB as it's a million times better than the crapy image that you get with the supplied scart lead.

Also, does your DD TV have an optical digital input? If so, connect your PS2's digital output to it for even better sound.

Don't know of any Dolby Digital games yet, but a few DTS ones are on the go (SSX Tricky being one). Haven't heard any DTS ones yet, but from what I've read online they sound brill :)

3. Retronana

Retronana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +194

I would have a look and see if any of those scarts on your TV take an S-Video input, PS2 output games fine in RGB....but it outputs DVD's in green screen(this can be fixed by buying a Datel Region X)

Try and use S-Video if possible or even a component input if your TV has it...mine has:) and it gives a good all round result.

Feel free to drop me a mail if you need any more advice:)

Regards

Retronana